Earlier this year I spoke about the Videoconference page that has been set up for PSD teachers to gain access to a variety of videoconferencing opportunities hosted by 2Learn/VCRLN as well as showcasing a number of other organizations that one could VC into with students.
- Legends of Saint Nicholas (gr4-12)
- Cobwebs for Christmas! (gr1-2)
- Snowman Exchange (K-5) – free, sign up now
- Skype with other classrooms who are part of CILC (Center for Interactive Learning and Collaboration). Enter “skype” as a key work in the Current Collaboration text box to find a group to connect with.
- Skype in the Classroom Projects. Go to this website to sign up and see all the many projects that your students could be part of. Right now there are over 1200 projects listed! Some examples include:
Once your class has connected virtually with another group, please share your experiences with us via our 184 Days of Learning blog. We would love hearing about your experience!