Meet the “non-reader”:
– Lacks the skills of a fluent reader
– Reads below grade level
– Struggles with comprehension, phonics and vocabulary
– Feels defeated and has turned off the desire to read
– Exhibits inappropriate behaviors to hide inability to read and comprehend
– Reads very little and does not like to read
– Lacks effective word attack skills
How can we help?
Today’s Tech Tuesday group was given various strategies, both online and offline, as to how they may approach this subject. For more information, check out http://psdreaders.wikispaces.com/Non-reader
This wiki site will be continually updated through the contributions of any educators who would like to send me their examples, resources and information. Email me at email@example.com.
And while I was researching this topic, I ran across a great poster by The Horn Book Inc. which I am sharing below!